At dt, we have it both ways. Our time is spent designing for clients we love working with and creating products we believe improve the web. We practice objective based design and agile development, so things move fast.
On any given day, you may spend your time:
- Collaborating and strategizing with fellow designers or strategists to bring client and product ideas to life
- Focusing on betterment – finding new ways to make ourselves and the things we make better
- Sharing your creative vision with your team and clients
- Teaming with developers to craft compelling interactions
- Using design research and analytics to inform new designs and refine existing ones
- Writing a blog post on UX, if that’s what you’re into
- And most important – crafting beautiful and elegant web interfaces
Who you are. We’re looking for someone to help us bring forth new ideas, interactions and experiences that work well across not only devices, but audiences as well. You should be fun to work with, because you love what you do, right? You’re comfortable pitching ideas to your team and clients, and iterating on them swiftly. You’re constantly redesigning things in your head, both on and offline to reduce friction and improve experiences. It also won’t hurt if you have a love of interjecting well-timed movie quotes and a penchant for witty-banter.
- You have significant experience creating highly-effective and beautiful user-focused interfaces across a variety of environments (mobile, web apps, dashboards, e-commerce, etc)
- You bend the Adobe Creative Suite to your will (particularly Photoshop and Illustrator).
- You have experience planning and executing both redesigns as well as new-concept design projects, from start to finish
- You have a strong understanding of use-cases, user flows and information architecture
- You have the ability to see and communicate your ideas to clients and the team
- Your design is well thought out, purposeful and has intent
Compensation & Location. We offer competitive market compensation. We have fully-paid health insurance, 401k, weekly catered lunches, flexible hours, frisbee lunches in the park, and we’re dog friendly. You’d better love the sun and despise winter coats, because we’re in sunny San Diego, CA. We improve the web from our open office environment with a view of the harbor and Balboa Park.
How to get this job. You’ll need to provide us a few things:
- A unique cover letter that explains why you’re a good fit for this position.
- Your resume emphasizing any pertinent experience you have
- The URL to your portfolio site and anywhere else we can find your designs on the web (Dribbble, Behance, etc…). Bonus points for live links to current examples of your design in use.
We work hard and have fun doing it! No complaining or bad attitudes are allowed. Please send the above items to firstname.lastname@example.org