Work On Fun & Challenging Projects
Our philosophy at DT is that design is never done. We are looking for a Senior UX Designer with the passion to solve complex business problems through objective-based design, and to never tire of pushing their work to be better.
The UX Designer’s job is to create beautiful and compelling interactive experiences, and is responsible for the full lifecycle of design. In this role you will be ideating with the project team, developing original usability and design concepts, and participating in presentations to clients. This position requires a solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, site architecture, user interfaces and navigation. In addition to project work, we need someone who is a great communicator, team player, tactful diplomat and a skilled client partner all rolled into one.
- You have significant experience creating highly-effective and beautiful user-focused interfaces across a variety of environments (mobile, web apps, dashboards, e-commerce, etc)
- You bend the Adobe Creative Suite to your will (particularly Photoshop and Illustrator)
- You have experience planning and executing both redesigns as well as new-concept design projects, from start to finish
- You have a strong understanding of use-cases, user flows and information architecture
- You have the ability to see and communicate your ideas to clients and the team
- Your design is well thought out, purposeful and has intent
What We Do
- Collaborate constantly
- Work on awesome projects
- Eat lunch together
- Incentivize employee growth
- Promote openness
- Balance personal and professional life
- Foster creative thinking
- Nourish a friendly environment
- Care about our craft
What We Don’t
- Work with assholes
- Pixel push
- 60 hour weeks
- Crazy deadlines
- Care about titles
- Get caught up in red tape
- Adopt waterfall processes
- Drop the ball
- Focus on awards
Work with Perks
In addition to working alongside smart and interesting people in our downtown San Diego office, we offer a wide range of professional perks. We’re proud of our team, and make sure to take great care of each member.
100% Paid Health
Employee health insurance will be paid for by us at 100% of the cost.
Dental & Vision
Additional insurance options are also available.
Paid Time Off
10 paid holidays, 10 days of paid vacation, and 5 sick days per year.
We match up to 4% with contributions vested immediately.
Invest in yourself! Up to 20% of your time can potentially be dedicated to your betterment!
Pick a passion project you would like to pursue and we’ll pay for it.
We Love Apple
Every employee is hooked up with a personal Macbook or Mac Mini.
Twice a week our chefs cook healthy meals for the team.
We give you $125 per month for parking or travel of your choice.
Beer In The Fridge
A beer fridge, and a kegerator, filled with our very own DT Beta Brew.
We love coffee. Learn to craft the perfect cup from our java masters.
We have a Costco executive membership. Enough said.
Surround Yourself with Great People
“The only thing we care about more than pushing our design forward is our own team.”
“The atmosphere is so incredibly open – you can really unleash yourself both creatively and as an individual.”
“20% of our time is devoted to learning new things. It’s awesome to work for a company who encourages you to better yourself.”
“I love working at DT because we are encouraged to speak up and bring new ideas to the table.”
Pop Quiz! Do You Have What It Takes?
Take the DT design quiz to test your design skills. This test is just for fun and will not affect your chances of getting this job.
Which typeface is this?
What is the screen resolution of the iPhone 5s?
Which blending mode is this?
How many columns is the default Bootstrap grid?
Which of the following does not distribute fonts?
Someone who can design and develop is often referred to as:
Which of these is not a to-do app?
What are the two parts of the color spectrum?
What is the hexidecimal color of this shape?
Who designed the original American Airlines logo?
How to Get this Job
You'll need to provide us a few things:
- A unique letter that explains why you’re a good fit for this position. We can smell form letters from a mile away, so show us you really want this!
- Your resume emphasizing any pertinent experience you have.
- The URL to your portfolio site and anywhere else we can find your designs on the web (Dribbble, Behance, etc...). Bonus points for live links to current examples of your design in use.
Senior UX Designer Application Form
Oops! Something went wrong.
Our team has been notified of the issue. Feel free to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have your application and we'll be in touch.