Like most geeks, we have been watching the mobile space for a while. As we continue to build web apps big and small we constantly get excited about being able to take those apps mobile and about creating purely mobile apps as well. Yep, sure 2006 was supposed to be the year of mobile and then 2007 and now it’s 2008. But, we agree with the vast majority of the geeks that believe that 2008 will be the year that we’ll start to really see mobile explode.
That’s why we are especially excited that we have created a strategic development and marketing partnership with GoLife Mobile, a Portland company (Hillsboro to be exact) that has come up with a revolutionary way to deliver apps on mobile phones. Okay, so it’s nothing necessarily different to be delivering mobile apps to the likes of iPhones and the fanciest new smart phones on the market. But, the reality is that the vast majority of people don’t have smart phones (less than 20% at last count). And, it’s no different these days to be delivering mobile apps that tell you where a restaurant or dry cleaner is near your house or how your stock is doing. But, GoLife Mobile goes beyond and we are looking forward to working with the GoLife team because:
- The GoLife team is passionate, talented and has a true vision for enabling a mobile lifestyle
- The GoLife technology can run on smart phones, dumb phones and most phones in between
- The GoLife team is lead by a strong and experienced management team, including James Whitley (CEO), a true thought leader in the mobile space
- The company is entrepreneurial and has a vision of what is possible with mobile as well as the resources to execute on that vision
- We build a lot of apps for businesses and entrepreneurs and believe that nobody building web apps can continue to ignore the mobile space
- GoLife will build a lot of mobile apps and we believe the best entrepreneurs and businesspeople will blend and blur mobile with web
The GoLife partnership will enable digital-telepathy and REBEL, our thinkubator, to be able to better serve our clients and partners as well as the web community in which we operate.